I am happy and grateful to say that I was nominated by @Maxxesbooktopia for the ‘Blogger Recognition Award’. This is my second award and I’m super excited! Be sure to look into Max’s blog! It’s a pretty awesome one. 🙂
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I Started My Blog
I have been book blogging for about nine months, while travel blogging (on my other site) for about a year and a half.
My travel blog started for two reasons:
- My hubby and I have relocated to Italy and will be here for a total of about three years. We wanted a way to share our experiences with our friends and families.
- We also wanted a place to store our memories for ourselves to never forget how blessed we have been to experience something like this.
My book blog started for one reason, then it melded into another.
- I began a Blogger Reviewer Program a while back. Just as the program stated, I needed to actually have a blog in order to participate, and my tumblr account just wasn’t working for me. This is when I thought how much nicer it was to post on our travel blog via WordPress, so why not try a book blog via the same site.
- Then, I realized how much fun I have on here. 😀
Now, here I am with two websites that I enjoy posting on and have had the pleasure of meeting some really nice people. Including you! Thank you so much for the support and the time all of you take to read my posts. 🙂
Two pieces of advice…I’m in no way an expert on book blogging, but here’s what I would suggest:
- Browse other bloggers’ sites. There are so many amazing blogs out there that the best way to learn, improve, and be inspired is by seeing what others have done.
- While you are their sites, don’t be shy to like and comment on posts that you’ve enjoyed. Everyone appreciates when others take the time to read and comment on their posts.
Here are my nominations! 🙂
- Annike and Zoë @Twin Tales
- Nel @Reactionary Tales
- Jenaca @JenAcideByBibliophile
- Krysti @ YA and Wine
- Aimee @RedheadedBookloverBlog
Thank you all for reading and hope you enjoyed!