I was nominated twice for this award and since each have a different set of questions, I am going to complete it twice. 🙂 For this one, I was nominated by the lovely Jenaca @JenAcideByBibliophile. Thank you so much, Jenaca! 🙂 Make sure you head on over to her site and check out it!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and then write 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Now, I didn’t actually see new questions to this one, so I will go ahead and use the same ones that Jenaca used.
1. Dogs or Cats or Hamsters and Why?
Um….dogs! I mean how can you resist not loving this little girl? 😀 Anyway, she is loyal, silly, and overall makes us laugh several times a day. Dogs are the best!
2. If you could live in any period and any place in time when and where would it be?
Hm…I would pick the 1950s where women could wear both dresses and pants, but were more modest than today. Most importantly, I could have had the chance to be on I Love Lucy! Just kidding! I have no acting abilities, but I love the idea of watching black and white TV. Life just seemed simpler back then. No cell phones, no computers…just sounds peaceful.
3. What is the last book you hated and why?
This is an interesting question. There are several books that I’ve read this year that I have given a 1- or 2-star rating, but to say that I hated the read? It would have to be The Daddy Game by Shadez.
This was just a terrible attempt of humor, basically generalizing all women as scheming untrustworthy “hens” (as the male protagonist calls women). On top of this harsh and unfair generalization, the characters are underdeveloped and unlikable, the plot doesn’t flow well, and there are so many grammatical errors. Just one of those books that are better to avoid. Whew…okay, I’m done. 🙂
4. Favorite author and favorite book (not necessarily by the same author)?
I’m not sure which I would call my favorite author and favorite book, but I’ve read both of these multiple times and I’ve read other books from both Rowling and Sparks.
Here are my reviews of these two. 🙂
5. What is something you wish people knew about you?
I used to do yoga regularly. Right now, I’m trying to get back into it.
6. How long have you been blogging?
Traveling blog about 1.5 years, and this one almost a year!
7. What is your favorite type of character in a book?
I love strong female characters who are good role models for young girls out there. Also, there needs to be some type of growth in these female characters by the end of the book.
8. What is your favorite TV show?
I love Gilmore Girls, Games of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, and I Love Lucy.
9. What is your favorite holiday? Why?
Christmas and Thanksgiving! They are all about family, friends, appreciation, and lots and lots of eating! No need to worry about eating healthy during these holidays 😛
10. What 3 famous/fictional people, living or dead, would you want at your fantasy dinner party?
Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, Daenerys Targaryen from A Song of Ice and Fire, and Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. It would be an interesting gathering, for sure, but I would love it!
11. What’s your pet peeve(s)?
Not being able to come up with a pet peeve, haha!
My Nominees Are:
My Questions for Nominees:
- If you could switch places with any character from any book, who would it be and why?
- What is your ultimate favorite food?
- If you could take a trip anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What would your spirit animal be?
- You have to go into hiding and you can only take one book with you, what would it be and why?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- Where is your favorite reading spot?
- What is the best book you’ve read, so far, this year?
- What was your first dream job?
- What color describes your personality?
- If you could pick one season to be year round, what would it be and why?
Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed! 😀