This is my first tag of 2018! Thank you Sophie @ Blame Chocolate for tagging me! If you haven’t, make sure to check out Sophie’s blog for awesome blogging content!
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Link to the creator of the tag (Bookmark Chronicles)
- Share the tag image
- Answer the questions below
- Tag friends (or not if you don’t feel like it)
Best book and/or series that you’ve read in 2017:
I honestly loved reading Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham. It was sweet, quick, and I felt it was worthwhile to read even if it was just “The Kitchen Timer” section. I found Lauren Graham’s voice kind and fun. She seems like a person I would love to hang out with!
Authors that you’ve recently found and would like to read more of in the new year:
The story that Lynda Mullaly Hunt wrote, Fish in a Tree, reminded me of when I was teaching. It reminded me of those students that start to fall through the cracks and the teachers who inspire them, which I really liked. The author does have other books, and I’m curious to check them out.
Most anticipated book turned movie/TV show?
I’m excited for A Wrinkle in Time, both book and movie, because I haven’t actually read the book yet. When I was in elementary school and middle school, when children would normally read this book, I didn’t because I was a poor reader. I wasn’t confident and my comprehension was low, so this never crossed my path growing up. I’ve seen it around, had it in my students’ library, and actually own a copy, so I will definitely be giving this a try!
Name a character that you wouldn’t mind sharing a kiss with at midnight (if there is one):
I don’t know if I have one. Can my hubby be considered? 😛
What’s on your TBR for 2018? (Top 5-10 will suffice if it’s an extremely long list!)
How many books do you hope to read in 2018?
For this year, my goal is to read 100 books. So far, I’ve read 6!
Will you participate in the Goodreads Reading Challenge or any others (PopSugar, Down the TBR Hole, etc.)
Absolutely! I’m participating in the Goodreads Reading Challenge. I’m not sure what PopSugar is, but I did consider Down the TBR Hole. I sat with this for a bit, but decided against Down the TBR Hole due the fact that I already skimmed through my TBR list and have gotten rid of and added a number of books. So, just the Goodreads Challenge for me!
Any New Year’s Resolutions? (Bookish, blogging (or vlogging), and otherwise)
I do have some bookish New Year’s Resolutions and actually made a post earlier on this month. Either way, here are my bookish New Year’s Resolutions:
- Read at least 100 books.
- 50% of those books need to be ones I want to read while the other 50% can be review books. I will create a new sub-heading that state whether the books I read was solely because of me or because of some review source.
- Keep better track of marking books I have read on here, Goodreads, and OnlineBookClub.
- Create monthly polls on what I should read next.
- Start and end the year with a good book.
- Read all of the NetGalley books I have requested.
- Read at least 5 non-fiction texts.
- Focus on quality, more than quantity.
- Remember to read books I own.
- Most importantly, enjoy what I’m reading!
I’m not tagging anyone specifically, just anyone that wants to do this tag! If you would like to participate, then go for it, but no pressure! 🙂
Thank you all for reading and checking in!