Here’s another mini-review of a book I recently reviewed for OnlineBookClub.org. Unfortunately, my book review for the site wasn’t officially published, but I decided to write up a mini-review anyway.
Themes: Good vs. Evil, Relationships, Love, Family, LGBT
~ The Good ~
- Likable main characters
- Having two lesbian married couples was refreshing to read
- Sweet elf characters
- The balance between supportive and not supportive of lesbian relationships were realistic
~ The Not-So Good ~
- Perspective switching was confusing, at times
- Several secondary characters were forgettable
- Some of the humor was oddly placed, making it off-putting
- Errors were found throughout
- Fantasy elements weren’t always clear
Perhaps those who don’t mind the above mentioned “not-so-good” parts and who are pro-LGBT community would enjoy this.
Was this a book of my choosing or one for review?
5 out of 50 books for review for 2018