1. Answer the questions below
2. Credit the creator Jamie @ALittleSliceofJamie
3. Tag at least 5 people
4. Have fun!
1. Where do you typically write your blog posts?
I used to write on my laptop, and now I write on my new Chromebook (Wahoo!! I love it!). My husband and I share an office space, so usually I type on our shared desk.
2. How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
For the most part, it takes about an hour or so to write a review. Then, editing/revising takes at least another hour or two.
3. When did you start your book blog?
My billing receipt says I bought my domain on October 4th, 2016. Thinking about, I just realized that I somehow missed my one-year blogging anniversary…oops!
4. What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Hm…I don’t know if it’s necessarily the worst thing, but I would say the hardest thing is making sure the content I share holds some value and that it varies.
5. What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
I love making friends via blogging and having a great community with those who just love and appreciate books. Another great aspect is learning about books from other book bloggers, and potentially adding those books to my TBR list!
6. What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
Right now, the blog post that has given the most joy is creating My Book Bucket List, a list of books that I want to read for pleasure, but would like some help deciding which one to read next. Alongside this, monthly polls where others can have a say in what I read next helps my indecisive mind to pick my next read, lol (here’s this month’s: March 2018 Poll 🙂 ) This is new to me and inspired by James @thisismytruthnow – thanks, James!
7. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Aside from the polls, I really enjoy writing reviews. I like writing my thoughts down and sharing with those who may or may not be interested in similar books.
8. When do you typically write?
This varies for me. Basically, whenever the writing bug creeps up, I listen and go start a post. 🙂
9. Do you review every book you read?
At this point, yes, I review every book that I read. Last year, it was harder to keep up with blogging and Goodreads, but since making this my one of New Year’s Resolutions to keep better track, I’ve been doing pretty well, so far (let’s see how this goes when we hit the middle of the year, lol).
10. How do you write your book reviews? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddled with your fur baby?
I usually just cuddle with a blanket on my lap, have some water nearby, and some light music playing in the background. I can’t watch anything or listen to podcasts while writing, I become too distracted.
11. When do you write your book reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?
Typically, I write my book reviews within a day or so of reading each book. I sometimes wait a bit because I need time to let my thoughts settle before writing. Other times, I know my thoughts and write them right away since I have several books going at the same time and I don’t want to forget! Jotting some notes while I read contributes a lot to formulate my thoughts.
12. How often do you post?
Posting once or twice a week is my goal, but sometimes this doesn’t happen due to how busy I am. I’ve been toying with the idea of posting some type of weekly post, but haven’t decided what that should be yet.
No pressure in completing this tag! 🙂
Thank you for reading!