Here’s another mini-review of a book I recently reviewed for OnlineBookClub.org.
To read my full OnlineBookClub official review, you can go here: Daily Warrior
~ The Good ~
- Some advice can be useful
- Days/months are marked clearly
- Daily entries are short enough to read every day
~ The Not-So Good ~
- Phrases like – “It’s tough being you, isn’t it?” (loc. 995), “Now have a brain, okay?” (loc. 1222), “Pay attention. Come on…really pay attention.” (loc. 1386-1393), “You are not so smart.”, and others are not motivational and can be hurtful
- There are a number of errors throughout
- Some topics can be problematic
- Some entries are bogged down with analogies that the focus becomes lost
- Good information is not necessarily new ideas
I don’t think I would recommend this to many. Perhaps those who benefit “tough love” may find this inspiring, but I did not.
Was this a book of my choosing or one for review?
14 out of 50 books for review for 2018