Here’s another mini-review of a book I recently reviewed for OnlineBookClub.org.
To read my full OnlineBookClub official review, you can go here: Becoming the Dragon
Genre: Fantasy/Young Adult
Themes: Destiny, Transformation, Discovery, Mentoring
~ The Good ~
- Has several magical creatures – elves, gnomes, dragons, etc.
- Themes are portrayed well
~ The Not-So Good ~
- Secondary characters are forgettable with no distinguishable traits
- Plot is choppy and jumps around quite a bit
- Dragon transformation, though part of the title, doesn’t happen until about two-thirds into the book
- Uncommon and inventive names/words were frustrating and hard to keep track of (i.e. -names: Grok, Grchok, Gmar, Glik, etc.; inventive words: bozl, settage, mrowns, troglomp, etc.
Perhaps those who don’t mind plot jumpiness and inventive language would enjoy this one.
Was this a book of my choosing or one for review?
15 out of 50 books for review for 2018