Here’s another mini-review of a book I recently reviewed for OnlineBookClub.org. Unfortunately, my book review for the site wasn’t officially published, but I decided to write up a mini-review anyway.
Genre: Young Adult
Themes: Love, Family, Loss, Faith, Relationships, Trust, Gratitude
~ The Good ~
- Likable protagonists
- The cover is adorable and sweet
~ The Not-So Good ~
- Character perspectives were not clear
- Journal entries had unrealistic perspectives (other people’s inner thoughts/feelings and the detailed perspective a toddler)
- Too much repetition throughout
- Dialogue seemed forced
- All tell, not show
- Errors all throughout (punctuation, incomplete sentences, etc.)
With the version I read, I cannot in my heart recommend this to anyone.
Was this a book of my choosing or one for review?
16 out of 50 books for review for 2018