Here’s another mini-review of a book I recently reviewed for OnlineBookClub.org.
To read my full OnlineBookClub official review, you can go here: The Century Cube
Genre: Young Adult/Children/Time Travel/Science Fiction
Themes: Sibling love, Friendship, Technology, Persistence, Trust, Loyalty
~ The Good ~
- Likable, relatable characters (including a lovable robot!)
- Characters developed well
- Good balance of action/non-action plot points
- Themes were done well
- Some comic relief
- Technology was well introduced; not overwhelming
- Clean science fiction – great for younger audience
- Ending leads nicely to a potential sequel
~ The Not-So Good ~
- Could use a better balance of female characters
I highly recommend this exciting read to children in upper elementary and middle school. Also, those older who are young at heart and for those who enjoy reading children’s chapter books.
Was this a book of my choosing or one for review?
20 out of 50 books for review for 2018