About a month ago, Daniel @Page to Page nominated me for The Mystery Blogger Award! I truly appreciate the nomination. If you haven’t checked out Daniel’s blog, go on over and see his awesome posts!
- Display award logo
- List the rules
- Thank the person that nominated you!
- Mention and link the award creator: Okoto Enigma
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
- Nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice
Three Things About Myself
- Bees scare the bejesus out of me! I’ve never been stung before because I usually turn the other direction when I see a bee nearby, but they completely give me the creeps! I know they are important to nature, I just don’t like them near me, lol.
- Even though I may not look it, I’m 100% Dominican. Both my parents were born and raised in Dominican Republic on farms! They came to the United Stated in their late teens and immediately started a family. I’m the last of five girls.
- A bit of sadness since life isn’t always roses and butterflies – I had a sister who passed away. She was my eldest and died at the age of 43. I’ve been thinking of her quite a bit lately as the day she died is approaching in a few months – October 3rd, 2013. Can’t believe it’s been almost five years. I miss her terribly, but at least I know she’s at peace now.
Five Questions from Daniel @Page to Page:
- Who is one person you would freak out if you met in real life?
I would love to meet Emma Watson. I think I would genuinely click with her, but I don’t think I would freak out. She probably has enough of that in her life. 🙂
- Front of the plane or back of the plane?
I would prefer the middle as I tend to get motion sickness, at times. However, if I had to pick the front or the back, I would choose the back.
- What’s the first song that comes up when you hit shuffle on your favorite playlist?
Right now, the soundtrack to The Greatest Showman comes up the most. I love it!
- What book would you recommend for “non readers”? Why?
When I was in elementary/middle school, I wasn’t a strong reader. I fumbled over words when I was forced to read aloud, I comprehended very little, and I found reading to be an arduous chore. However, in middle school, the book that converted me from a non-reader to a reader was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling. I suddenly found myself wanting to read the next chapter, comprehending several parts, and genuinely enjoyed reading the book. So, my love and fascination with books and stories all stem from that one book report that my old teacher allowed her students to pick.
Long story short, I would recommend Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. The language is simple, yet magical; the protagonists are very likable; the storyline flows and you’re always learning something new; and it’s a tale that is easy to reread.
- If you had to write the ultimate fan fiction, which five characters would you choose to include in it?
This is an awesome question! I would chose Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire, Lyra from His Dark Materials, Liesel from The Book Thief, and Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Didn’t mean to chose all female characters, but oh well, I love these ladies and would love to see them together in action!
My Five Questions:
- If there was a portal that would bring you to any story, where would you go and why?
- What supernatural power would you like?
- Would you rather go to the beach or the mountains?
- If you could adopt any animal/pet from any book, who would it be and why?
- What are three words that your friends would use to describe you?
- LaRonda @Flying Paperbacks
- Eva @Brilliantly Bookish
- Sheri @TV Addicted Bookworm
- Trisy @Bobo’s Book Bank
Thank you for reading and I hoped you enjoyed! Until next time! 🙂