Here’s another mini-review of a book I recently reviewed for OnlineBookClub.org.
To read my full OnlineBookClub official review, you can go here: Elvis Blue
Genre: Young Adult/Crime/Mystery/Paranormal
Themes: Teamwork, Friendship, Loyalty, Revenge
~ The Good ~
- Haunted house/potential ghost scenes were exciting/fun
- One character showed growth by the end
- Easy-to-follow plot
- Ending leads a potential sequel
~ The Not-So Good ~
- Gender stereotypes message to young adults is concerning (women weren’t portrayed well)
- Inconsequential scenes slowed the plot
- Most of the characters were one-dimensional
- Several errors throughout
Perhaps I would recommend this to young adults who would like a simple read and aren’t easily influenced/bothered with gender stereotypes.
Was this a book of my choosing or one for review?
22 out of 50 books for review for 2018