Here’s another mini-review of a book I recently reviewed for OnlineBookClub.org.
To read my full OnlineBookClub official review, you can go here: Blood Crescent
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy/Supernatural
Themes: Friendship, Trust, Deception, Reincarnation, Identity
~ The Good ~
- Interesting take on vampires and shifters, less gruesome and messy
- Reincarnation scenes were exciting
~ The Not-So Good ~
- A number of grammatical errors
- Long-winded analogies took away from the plot
- Protagonist rambled about makeup, dresses, and how others look, which showed her to be vain, envious, and judgmental
- Several concepts were introduced and were not fully developed
- Characters weren’t developed
Not sure who I would recommend this to. Perhaps to young adults, however, I would caution those young adults who are weaker in the English language. Due to the amount of errors and lack of development, Blood Crescent would not be a good example of what good writing looks like.
Was this a book of my choosing or one for review?
26 out of 50 books for review for 2018