Here’s another mini-review of a book I recently reviewed for OnlineBookClub.org.
To read my full OnlineBookClub official review, you can go here: Picture Perfect
Themes: Communication, Persistence, Teamwork
~ The Good ~
- Cute characters
- Themes were used well
- Easy for children to understand
- Higher-level vocabulary words were used (sleuthing, inconspicuous, proffers, etc.)
~ The Not-So Good ~
- So much dialogue that it was easy to forget who was narrating the story: Upton, the dog
- Most characters were one-dimensional
- Too many characters to keep track of
- Questionable plot points
- Some errors
I would recommend this to children who enjoy a fun sleuthing books and will not be confused with the amount of one-dimensional characters.
Was this a book of my choosing or one for review?
27 out of 50 books for review for 2018