Here’s another mini-review of a book I recently reviewed for OnlineBookClub.org.
To read my full OnlineBookClub official review, you can go here: Purgatory’s Angel
Themes: Self-destruction, Good vs. Evil, Identity, Jealously, Love
~ The Good ~
- Concept of killing demons in dreams was interesting
- Jaime’s, protagonist, conflict of guilt for killing in her dreams and wanting revenge for her murdered family was nicely done
- Much of the plot was exciting
- Main character was developed well
~ The Not-So Good ~
- The love triangle was tiring and strange (though I’m not a big fan of love triangles)
- Phrases like “It’s as if I wanna suffocate in you.” (Kindle location 2499-2505) were odd and confusing
- There was a timeline confusion between Jaime’s past with God and with her family in Ireland
- Graphic scenes of sexual intercourse, torture, and violence might be too much for some
For adults/mature audience who enjoy paranormal romances about a person trying to make the right choices, and those who do not mind some graphic scenes, might enjoy this one.
Was this a book of my choosing or one for review?
32 out of 50 books for review for 2018