Here’s another mini-review of a book I recently reviewed for OnlineBookClub.org.
This official OBC review was not published, so I do not have a link to share.
Genre: Dark Fantasy/Mystery/Police Procedural
Themes: Redemption, Justice, Love, Sacrifice
~ The Good ~
- Good beginning where one woman commits suicide, but comes back to life
- Interesting premise
~ The Not-So Good ~
- Theme of suicide was handled insensitively
- Women were portrayed as not being able to make decisions
- Suspense was lacking
- Choppy plot
- No real character growth and not much character development
- Several errors throughout
As it is right now, I cannot recommend this book to anyone.
Number of books of my choosing versus for review:
1 out of 52 book of my choosing for 2019
3 books for review for 2019