Happy Wednesday! As we continue to adjust to these strange times, I find that being at home is something I really enjoy. I’ve always enjoyed the comfort of home, but there’s something about not rushing out the door in the mornings, working at a slower pace, and walking for about an hour everyday with hubby and Zoey that makes these days more bearable and sometimes peaceful.
Hope you are finding some comfort and peace during these times.
1. What are you currently reading?
Currently, I’m reading two books:
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – this one I’m reading with a friend, so we still working through it, but we’re both enjoying it!
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens: This was the book that was voted as my March/April read for My Book Bucket List, and I am absolutely loving it right now! I’m about 30 pages from finishing and it took all of me to pull away for now and savor those last few pages.
2. What did you recently finish reading?
Recently, I finished reading The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain in hopes to get through my NetGalley backlog. I would love to request newer books on there, but I feel I owe it to the authors to read through the books that have been given to me as e-copies first. This was a middle-of-the-road book for me, but I’m happy that I was able to finish it.
3. What do you think you’ll read next?
Here is another NetGalley book that I received a while back (like over a year ago 😳) and would like to read: Love Like Sky by Leslie C. Youngblood. It features a young girl who is living with a “blended-up” family and the love she has for her little sister, who becomes ill.
Thank you for reading and until next time!