Here’s another Happy Wednesday! We just learned yesterday that school is out for the rest of the school year here, which means I’ll be remote teaching for the next couple of months. Not sure if they’ll have us, teachers, change what we’ve been doing so far, but this definitely has been an interesting first year back to teaching for me!
On a positive note, I can make sure I’m resting enough as I enter my third trimester with my little tyke. Can’t believe our little one will be here in about three months! 😯😍
1. What are you currently reading?
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden – I started (and almost done) reading this one. I must say it’s pretty dark, and I’m not exactly sure how I feel about the story. We’ll see how the last quarter ends, but at this point I’m not itching to continue the series.
- The Vacation by T.M. Logan – I was lucky enough to get an ARC of The Vacation from NetGalley recently, and boy am I hooked!
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – my friend and I have officially reached the halfway point of this book! We truly appreciate the balance of character and plot development, and setting descriptions.
2. What did you recently finish reading?
This past week, I finished The Golden Maple Tree by Marc Remus, which was an e-book that I received from NetGalley a while ago. Though I don’t see myself continuing the series, I’m glad that I was able to read and review the book.
3. What do you think you’ll read next?
Confession time – I have never read Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery before, but watched the Netflix series, and I was hooked! I fell in love with Anne’s dramatic and spunky ways, the Cuthberts uncertain yet never-ending love for Anne, and the sweet and wholesome Gilbert. So many good characters and storylines that I couldn’t help but purchase the 8-book box set. Recently, I received the box set and simply can’t wait to get started!