Happy Wednesday everyone! I have officially completed my first full year teaching after taking a few years off! It was definitely not what I expected, but I feel especially lucky to have been accepted into the school that I’m at because I work with many lovely and sweet people.
In other news, hubby and I reached the four-week mark until our little guy enters the real world, which is both bizarre and exciting. 😍
1. What are you currently reading?
Right now I’m reading a book that I’m absolutely loving!! It’s one that was voted as My Book Bucket List book for May/June 2020. I’ve always liked reading about WWII and learning more about this devastating time, but I’m not sure if I’ve read that follows two women and their different viewpoint of how to approach the Nazi occupation in France. Such an excellent read so far and can’t wait to read more later!
2. What did you recently finish reading?
Since it’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve last posted, I’ve been able to read three novels.
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven – an e-copy from the library, and it was good read. Definitely wished there was more help given to the character that needed it.
- Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery – my own physical copy and enjoyed learning more about Anne, her teaching, and where her next book will take her.
- The Book of Two Ways by Jodi Picoult – a NetGalley eARC. Definitely not a book for me. It had too many points that didn’t advance the plot and infidelity is not a topic I enjoy reading about.
3. What do you think you’ll read next?
Always the interesting question! I just received an e-copy of Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi from my library, and I’m curious on what’s next for Zelie and Amari, so I think I’ll give this one a whirl next!