Happy Wednesday, everyone! Both yesterday and today, we’ve had some nice sunny weather. It was lovely to spend some time outside with our baby and just enjoy some fresh air! It’s amazing how wonderful it feels to be outside, even if it’s just a short period of time. Can’t wait until we have warm weather all the time!
1. What are you currently reading?
- A Local Habitation (October Daye #2) by Seanan McGuire: I’m almost with this one and really am enjoying it! My favorite character so far in the series is one named Tybalt. I love his personality and the way he acts. I just wish there was more of him!
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty: Wow, about halfway through and can’t get enough! I want to know what happened between Alice and her husband. Also, I’m curious about how the author will end the book. I have a feeling it won’t be exactly a happy-happy ending. We’ll see though! Recently, I had a video chat discussing What Alice Forgot with my first who is also reading the book. It was a great discussion, and I look forward to our next one!
2. What did you recently finish reading?
Recently, I was able to finish two books – one non-fiction and one fantasy.
- Remember by Lisa Genova: This ARC was one that I am grateful to have read, so thank you NetGalley for giving me the chance to read it! It definitely puts my mind at ease as far as forgetting things go. I also appreciated the suggestions of ways that I can improve my memory of things.
- Newt Scamander: Cinematic Guide by Felicity Baker: It was a fun little read, but there were definitely some things that could have been improved.
3. What do you think you’ll read next?
For my next read, I plan on continuing the series, Wayward Children by Seanan McGuire (same author as the October Daye series). This will be a buddy read with an online book lover, and I look forward to diving right in!
Here’s to another week of great reading!