Happy sunny and beautiful Wednesday (at least over here)! We’ve had a pretty good week so far and are well on our way in becoming active parents. It’s been tough to travel around throughout COVID, so our little one hasn’t had a ton of new experiences, but we are picking it up with the nicer weather and loved ones getting vaccinated, so it’s been great!
1. What are you currently reading?
Seraphina (Seraphina #1) by Rachel Hartman: This is a book that I have been meaning to read for quite some time now, and have recently started with a fellow online book lover. We are about a quarter of the way done and both are truly enjoying the read!
- The Wonder Weeks by Xaviera Plas-Plooij: We seem to be over the current leap and now going into a calmer state (or at least I hope so!). Buddy boo is sleeping better and in general an inquisitive little guy!
- What to Expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff: Another milestone – baby has eaten his first Gerber Puff! They are pretty small, but dissolves in baby’s mouth pretty quickly. He’s done a fabulous job with this and is sooo much better in his softened finger foods. So proud of our little one!
2. What did you recently finish reading?
Just last night I finished The Restarting Point (Chammont Point #1) by Marci Bolden, which I need to sit with a little longer to know what rating to give it. On the one hand, it was very heartwarming. On the other, it was very repetitive…
I also finished the short story, Rat-Catcher (October Daye #0.5) by Seanan McGuire, which was fun though a bit short.
3. What do you think you’ll read next?
I have an ARC that I would like to read and review prior to its publication date – Letters Across the Sea by Genevieve Graham. It’s set to be published on April 27th. A WWII historical fiction sounds right up my alley, so I’m very interested in getting started.
Here’s to another week of great reading!